Shelley Fidler supports clients at the law firm of Van Ness Feldman in Washington, D.C. operating at the intersection of business and government in areas as diverse as foreign trade, business strategy, government relations, innovative governance, clean air, federal funding, regulatory assistance, thought leadership and visibility for companies at government’s highest levels, and in subject areas such as electricity, utility models, smart grid, hydropower, energy efficiency, clean diesel engines, climate change, carbon capture, clean energy and relationships with regulators and policy makers. Shelley utilizes almost 40 years of Washington experience to assist clients in getting responsive solutions to complex and vexing public policy and regulatory challenges.
She served six years in the Clinton White House with an assignment at the Department of Energy. Ms. Fidler served twenty years in the U.S. House of Representatives working with former Indiana Representative Philip R. Sharp, finishing her Capitol Hill service as Staff Director at the Subcommittee on Energy and Power of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.
– Principal Deputy, White House Climate Change Task Force, 1998-2000
– Senior Advisor, U.S. Department of Energy, 1998-2000
– Chief of Staff, Council on Environmental Quality, Executive Office of the President, 1995-1998
– Staff Director, Subcommittee on Energy & Power, Committee on Energy & Commerce, U.S. House of Representatives, 1993-1995
– Assistant to the Chairman for Policy, Subcommittee on Fossil & Synthetic Fuels and Subcommittee on Energy & Power, Committee on Energy & Commerce, U.S. House of Representatives, 1980-1993
– Chief Legislative Assistant, Congressman Philip Sharp (D-IN), U.S. House of Representatives, 1975-1980
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
• Member, Keystone Policy Center Energy Board
• Member, Keystone Policy Center, Board of Trustees
• Board Member and Treasurer, Energy and Environmental Study Institute
• Board Chair, Center for Inspired Teaching
• Co-Chair, Women’s Leadership Council (WLC), Brown University
• Founder and Member, Women’s Council on Energy and Environment (WCEE)
• Mentor, Women’s Launch Pad, Brown University